A few weeks ago, I posted about my dream wedding dress. In that post I stated that I didn't want to buy that dress until I dropped some of my weight and hopefully a few dress sizes as well... Well, today I was busy with things around the house. The kids were gone all day so I had plenty of time to tinker around with whatever. After a few hours, I found myself downstairs doing some laundry. The basement is also home to the dreaded scale. After the first 25 pounds of weightloss, I seemed to get stuck on my efforts. It seemed that no matter how much exercise I did or how much water I drank, not another ounce was going to come off. I became very frustrated and a bit depressed. I was scared that I would not be able to lose the weight I wanted to by the time my wedding came around... Which, by the way, is officially only 52 weeks away now! I don't want to look back at my wedding photos with disgust just because of the way I looked. So anyhow I decided since it has been about 2 months since I last weighed myself, that I should probably do it again. As I stood at the base of the scale, my heart raced with the fear that I would still be stuck at the same weight, or worse, that I may have gained some back! I slowly stepped onto the scale and opened my eyes. As the number on the scale came into focus, my heart skipped a beat... Yes, there is was, the proof that my efforts have been well worth it... Since I started my quest in January, I have now lost a total of 40 pounds! I am so proud of myself that I've already told everyone I know, and now I'll share it with whomever reads my blog! I hope that in another few months, I can post about a new milestone in my weight loss efforts!

No comments:
Post a Comment