Thursday, June 22, 2006

Earwigs... EWWWW

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely dislike this rental house? Well let me say it again... When we first moved in, we were shocked at just how dirty this house really was. So we cleaned it up and made things a little better. Shortly after moving in, our neighbor informed us that the owner had 8 kids living here. NO WONDER IT WAS SO DIRTY!!! Well after the dirt and grime was gone, we noticed we had a mite problem. I sprayed all around the house with insect spray and then I steam cleaned all the window sills. That's where the mites were always at. Okay so now the mites are gone.

We also had a fairly bad spider problem including some that looked exactly like black widows, minus the red hour glass. Those had me pretty scared, but after some internet research, I found out that they were in fact house spiders but were related to the black widows. Yes they are venomous, but not very dangerous. Okay so a little more spider and insect spray downstairs. We still get the occasional spider in the house but I think we have the problem under control now.

Just after that it was those little carpet beetles. UGH!!! Okay we bought a brand new vacuum. It's awesome, it picks up everything! Apparently our old vacuum only picked up the surface dirt. This new one picks up so much that it usually fills up the whole canister in one room and I vacuum at least 4 times a week. That paints another picture about how dirty this house really was. However, even with this awesome vacuum, we still have those itty bitty little carpet beetles.

Recently I have noticed that we now have an earwig problem! Enough is enough! The little suckers are everywhere! I swear I find at least 2 a day in our living room or kitchen! I hate all these creepy crawlies! The good news is that they make free food for our lizards. They absolutely love the earwigs, and the occasional spiders are gobbled up just as fast! I'm at my wits end with the gross-ness of this house. If we could break the lease, we'd do it in a heartbeat. I mean come on, I've already sprayed the whole damn house, what else could I possibly do? I'm ready to throw myself down and start kicking and screaming like a child with a tantrum! I feel like these creatures are ganging up on me.

All the money we've spent on carpet shampoo, a little steam cleaner, a new vacuum, and even bug spray and nothing seems to be working. So now I'm going out to the garage to get the bug spray and I'll be spraying the house again to see if we can get rid of everything once and for all. I'm just hoping the winter months will be free of infestations! I get the heebie jeebies everytime I think of all the dirt and bugs! NO MORE!!! Someone save me!

No comments: