Principal shot at Wisconsin school
3 Florida schools in lockdown
Gunman molests hostages and murders one before committing suicide in Colorado school
Student stabs another student
Teacher arrested on charges of molesting a student
Teacher caught with Child Porn on computer
Child suspended for bringing toy gun to school
Teacher arrested after giving birth to student’s baby
Teacher arrested after showing up to meet an undercover detective whom was thought to be a 13 year old girl
6 year old brings gun to school, shoots and kills 5 year old
One word… Columbine!
Now does everyone understand my reasons for deciding to homeschool my children? These, however, are not the only reasons I have made this decision. Bug has hyperactivity and she needs one on one attention in order to understand things quickly. This way she will not be competing against 20-25 other kids for one teacher's attention and help. And as for the school scandals, yes I understand they have been happening for years, and this is a very disturbing thing, but those top 3 examples just happened within the last 3 days. The principal at the Wisconsin school was just shot this morning. It seems like an everyday news story now. And I don't know about you but it sure doesn't make me feel like running out and enrolling my babies into these kind of situations. I do feel that it is very important for the children to be socialized, but this can also be done in other ways such as parks, clubs, the zoo, the aquarium, and many other places where a lot of children gather.
However, since I have mentioned the idea of homeschooling my kids, I have gotten nothing but negative reactions about it. I do appreciate everyone's opinion, but this is my choice, and I don't like my "Mothering" being questioned. I'm sure many other moms agree. I don't have to do what everyone else wants for my children, they are mine, I am their Mother, and I am an adult. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it does get under my skin when I feel like everything I choose is ridiculed and I am made to feel like I am doing the wrong thing or like I am being a bad Mom. I'm not saying that public school is bad for everyone. I survived it, but there were times when I wished I was homeschooled since I was bullied and was always a loner. I personally just feel like the violence is getting worse, and the schools are forced to hire teachers that are not that great since the pay is low and the good teachers wont work anymore. Sorry for the venting, but I needed it!
Friday, September 29, 2006
Homeschooling
Posted by
~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~
at
9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment