Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Autumn is here


Okay so not officially for a couple more days, but I say it's here now. Last week was like winter, and although the temperatures rose a little this week, they have now settled into that nice chilly Autumn air, and the leaves are changing colors. I am so excited! Autumn is my favorite time of year. The nippy air reminds us that the holidays are coming, and give us an excuse to wear our warm comfy clothes, the colors are beautiful and our world seems so different. There are yummy recipes to be made, and wonderful activities to be enjoyed. Apples, pumpkins, vegetables of all kinds, ciders and wassail... YUM There are many more parties and family gatherings. Autumn is exciting to me because I have always been a big fan of Halloween and of all the wonderful sights of the Autumn season. I'm getting excited for carving pumpkins this year which is also a big hobby of mine! Next year I will also have another reason to love the Season since Jeff and I will be getting married. 1 year and 2 days from now...LOL. All this time it has just been Jeff and I planning things for the wedding, but now my parents are also getting into it and it makes it all seem real now. We've come up with a rough draft of our menu for the reception, and Aunt Robin would like to practice some of our recipes for the reception at her Fall party next week. I can't wait! Although I wish I had taken the above picture, I didn't. I found it on the internet, but it's beautiful so I added it. Happy Autumn Everyone! This is the perfect season to "Fall In Love"

No comments: