Monday, September 18, 2006

A Case Of The Sniffles...

My little Bear finally caught the cold that I've known was coming for a few days now. The other day Bear refused to wear his big boy underwear, and instead wanted to stay in a diaper. I thought this was strange but I allowed it, and the next day, it was obvious that he wasn't feeling well and that was the reason for not wanting to potty train. I thought he just had an upset tummy and it was no big deal. The day after that, he seemed to be back to normal. But after waking from his nap, he was congested and ornery. I could tell then that he was coming down with something. That stuffy nose has lingered for a couple days and it was nothing more than that. But when he woke up from his nap today, he was screaming and crying. I ran in to see what was making him scream like that. He was very congested and coughing and he kept saying "There's something in my throat and it hurts me."

I made him some chicken broth and dressed him comfortably so he'd stay warm, and things seemed to get better. His only complaint was his runny nose and an occassional cough followed by whining about his throat. After his bath tonight it hit him full blast. My poor little guy can barely breath. I have an humidifier, however if I hook it up in his room, he would get up in the morning and pull it off his dresser, spilling the water everywhere. So, I'm just gonna have to hook it up in the livingroom tomorrow and leave it on all day. A cold is no big deal to us. It's no fun, but nothing to worry about. However it does come at a bad time, since we have a handful of parties to go to in the coming days. My immune system sucks, and I get sick very easily. So most likely myself and Bug will be coming down with this cold by the weekend. Fun fun! Welcome to Sniffle Season!

No comments: