Monday, April 10, 2006

Almost Done!

We have started to move our furniture out this last weekend... We only have a few things left now. We moved the couch out first, so now we're sitting on cushions on the floor. It's a bit uncomfortable, but it will have to do for now. It will be such a relief to finally be finished but since the new house is so small, it will also be a bit depressing. We took a load of things to the house yesterday and we were startled to learn that the neighbors have a key and were in the house without our permission. So it was straight to the hardware store to buy new locks! I mean if you know the people and give them a key then that's fine, but when you've never met them, never told them they could go in, and all of your valuable belongings are in the house, then that's scary! Also, the first night we started moving in, we were all looking through the bedrooms when Bear left the room. "No big deal" I thought. I figured he went off to explore his new room. So, after about a minute I went to look for him. Well guess what... No Bear... So I walked around the corner into the living room, and to my horror, I saw the front door wide open, when only minutes ago it was locked and dead bolted! Here it was dark outside and raining pretty hard. So I ran outside and saw my little Bear running back to me from out by the street! Let's just say my heart skipped a few beats! So when we bought the new locks for the doors, we also bought chain locks so that Bear cannot let himself out anymore! What a mess this moving experience has been...

No comments: