Monday, August 21, 2006

OH NO!!!!



I had to, I didn't have a choice! While I was cutting Bear's hair today, I decided to shave the back of his neck a little. Normally he sits really still but this time he decided to move. I had a nice even line going and when he moved, the electric razor shaved about an inch into his hair. The only thing I could do was shave up that high all the way around the back. After I fixed this problem, I had a new one... IT LOOKED HORRIBLE. The only other thing I could do was shave his head and give him the spikey look. Unfortunately Jeff's razor doesn't work very well and the attachment wasn't catching Bear's hair. It was only cutting it in clumps and it was cutting it too short. So Bear ended up with this horrible haircut... And I ended up in tears. All his beautiful curls are gone! When Bear was a baby, Jeff taught him to say "Shave it bald" because he knew it bothered me and I would never do it. Well the other day Bear was pulling his hair out and we told him that if he didn't stop pulling it out, we would have to shave his head bald. He freaked! He cried and screamed and told us he liked long hair. And now this! I cried for hours! Luckily Jeff didn't freak out too much and he showed Bear a picture from when Jeff was in the marines and had his hair shaved. That way Bear would see that it was ok and that he had hair like Daddy's. Too make everything worse, Bear says he doesn't like it and he told Jeff that he hates me because I cut his hair like that. He eventually apologized and said he loves me again. I am never shaving his neck again!

No comments: