Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A change of plans... and seasons.


Jeff and I were talking tonight and I mentioned that I saw a really cute Autumn wedding idea on the internet. I told him all about it and he agreed that it sounded nice. Then he made a suggestion that we change our wedding date to sometime in the fall. I said "Yeah, but we've already told everyone the date..." He said "Yes, but it's not in writing yet, so it's not official." Okay true... So we started thinking about the pros and cons of a fall wedding. We thought about how it would be cooler and more comfortable for us, since Jeff, Bear and Dad will be in black, and long sleeves too. And if I get the dress that I've had my eye on, it too will be long and lots of layers. Not to mention lace, which tends to be itchy on hot skin. We'd be able to pick whichever frosting on our cake without fear of it melting. And we wouldn't have to change our wedding colors since Burgundy is also an Autumn color. Bug's dress will still be suitable since it doesn't get that much cooler by then. Plus, we could start the wedding earlier so that the "old folks" aren't out past their bed time. The only obstacle is that while we're on our honeymoon, my Parents would have to take Bug to and from school for a week since she will be starting Kindergarten next August. So after much thought, as well as checking the Autumn temperatures for Maui, (low to mid 80s) we've pretty much decided on September 22nd, 2007. We originally picked the 23rd, which is the Fall Equinox, but it's a Sunday next year so we had to change it so the date would fall on a Saturday. But the Equinox floats, and ocassionally lands on the 22nd. Nothing is official yet, but this idea sure makes things seem easier. We'll see if it sticks.

1 comment:

Munchkin Inc. said...

That sounds awesome! I had thought of an Autumn wedding years ago. There is alot to work with that time of year! And Maui? You lucky dog!