Bug's bottom front teeth have been barely loose for quite a while now. It does seem really early for her to be losing teeth, but considering that she got both of those teeth by the time she was 4 months old, it's really not that early. I did a little research on the internet just to make sure, and it said the average age is 5-6 years... Well, she'll be 5 next month, so it's alright. As of yesterday morning, the tooth on her right was looser than the left, then I gave her an apple. After the apple, she complained of some pain when she pressed on the teeth. I explained that the apple probably pressed on the teeth when she bit into it, and she was ok with that. This morning I checked her teeth again, and now the left tooth is alot looser than the right, and I'm not sure, but when I wiggled it, I thought I heard a clicking sound, like the tooth was rubbing against another tooth under it.
I figured that because her teeth weren't very wiggly, they probably wouldn't be ready to come out until around her birthday, but this morning, they seemed really wiggly and now I'm thinking they may come out in a week or so. I guess we'll have to wait and see. They may tighten up a little again. Bug is really excited for her teeth to fall out, because she knows all about the tooth fairy. But for me, things are a little less exciting... actually it's a little heart wrenching. This is just another reminder that my baby is growing up and is actually no longer a baby! I mean, here it is barely 2007, and she's losing 2 teeth, turning 5 and starting her kindergarten schooling all in one year! How cruel is that? I know I'm supposed to be excited for all of this, but it just seems like the first 4 years went by way too fast.
I know it doesn't do any good to dwell on it, since her teeth will fall out regardless! I guess it's just hard for me to say goodbye to the baby girl I had. I know she grew out of the baby stage a long time ago, but to me she was still a baby... She had her baby teeth, she wasn't in school yet, and she hadn't hit the 5 year milestone. It's amazing to me that someone can grow so quickly, without any time at all... *Sigh*
I figured that because her teeth weren't very wiggly, they probably wouldn't be ready to come out until around her birthday, but this morning, they seemed really wiggly and now I'm thinking they may come out in a week or so. I guess we'll have to wait and see. They may tighten up a little again. Bug is really excited for her teeth to fall out, because she knows all about the tooth fairy. But for me, things are a little less exciting... actually it's a little heart wrenching. This is just another reminder that my baby is growing up and is actually no longer a baby! I mean, here it is barely 2007, and she's losing 2 teeth, turning 5 and starting her kindergarten schooling all in one year! How cruel is that? I know I'm supposed to be excited for all of this, but it just seems like the first 4 years went by way too fast.
I know it doesn't do any good to dwell on it, since her teeth will fall out regardless! I guess it's just hard for me to say goodbye to the baby girl I had. I know she grew out of the baby stage a long time ago, but to me she was still a baby... She had her baby teeth, she wasn't in school yet, and she hadn't hit the 5 year milestone. It's amazing to me that someone can grow so quickly, without any time at all... *Sigh*


No comments:
Post a Comment