Thursday, November 30, 2006

What A Disaster!

I have been waiting for weeks to get the kids' Christmas pictures done. But it seems that every opportunity was taken away by something like an illness or the wrong type of photo package on sale. Well finally I got tired of it. Even though we all still have a cold, I decided that the kids were well enough to get a portrait done. We had originally planned on doing it last night, but I called the studio about 7 times and they never answered the phone. Bug was very disappointed! First thing this morning I called the studio to ask about an open appointment. I called a studio that was a little further away, because we had plans of buying the photo disk so that I could make some address labels. We dressed the kids and when I tried to curl Bug's hair, it failed miserably. So I fixed it the best I could, and off we went.

We arrived at the studio and I signed us in. I asked the lady if they had the disks, and sure enough, she said "NO". Oh wonderful! That was the whole reason for coming to this studio! We went ahead with the appointment. We had to take the first picture about 6 times. After all, your first accepted pose is the one you get in your package, and I wanted it to be soooo cute. Unfortunately my kids had other plans. They would not smile, or if they did it was one of the cheesy teeth grinding fake smiles. Finally we got one that looked "ok" so I said yes to it. We then took the other 6 poses which of course turned out better, they always do. The studio changed their package this year, so instead of paying the sale price, we had to pay 20 extra dollars because the package didn't include the 10X13 that we keep for ourselves.

Usually I leave the studio so excited for the pictures to come back... This time, I don't really care all that much. They didn't turn out that great. And I didn't get my disk. I actually suggested that we take them to a different studio and just do the regular package again so I could get the disk, but I don't think Jeff will do it. I hope he at least considers it. I'll even call it my "Christmas present" from him. After we got home, both the kids decided it would be fun to get an attitude from Hell! Bug was screaming at Bear, stomping her feet, slamming doors and trying to tip Bear's chair over. Bear is breaking toys, shouting, and just being a rowdy little boy! To top it all off, I still have a severe cold and I am so tired if it. I can't breathe, or sleep, my throat hurts, and I can't stop coughing. I am so ready for tonight to be over now!

No comments: