
Bug and Bear are getting very excited for Christmas this year. Bug has Christmas music playing in her room all day everyday! She woke up yesterday and looked out of her window. Suddenly she came running out of her room yelling "Mommy it snowed!! Can we go outside and make a snowman?" I was a little confused, because although I didn't doubt that it had snowed, I highly doubted that it had snowed that much. I took a quick look out the window and there was no snow on the grass, and only a teeny tiny dusting on the ivy in the backyard. I explained to her that there definitely wasn't enough snow to make a snowman or any other type of snow creature.
Lately the T.V. has been playing all the new toy commercials trying to give the parents a hint of what to get the kids. When one of these commercials come on, one or both of the kids will yell out "I want that!". At first it was kinda cute, the way they'd get all excited and their faces would light up with the biggest smile. Okay, cute, yes... But after 5 minutes straight of listening to "I want that Mommy, can I have it, I want it." It get's kinda irritating. My reaction is the same everytime. Maybe if you're good, Santa will bring it for you. Then they got smart on me... "Mommy, if Santa doesn't bring it for me, will you buy it for me?" Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! They're not even 5 years old yet and they know that old line? Man, I'm in big trouble! So then I take a look at the toy in question, and usually it's something either not age appropriate, too big to fit in the house, way to expensive, or just plain useless. I usually tell them that they don't need it, they already have something just like it, I don't have that much money, or "I'll think about it."
I think this Christmas is going to be alot of fun though. Bug is now at the age where Christmas really is magical and she can understand the whole plot of it now. Bear isn't far behind though, he's been running around the house, dancing and singing "Santa Claus is coming to town." Christmas is my favorite holiday. It always has been. I think it was a little annoying to everyone around me when I was younger, and even now. I am always the one that pushes everyone into the holiday spirit, even when they want to be scrooges. I decorate early, and leave it up late. And my kids are just like me! I brought their little Christmas tree in from the garage. I had no intention of setting it up for display. However, the kids were playing with it so I moved it into the livingroom and up a little more out of their reach. They asked me to turn it on, so of course I did. They enjoyed the pretty lights for one day and luckily I have kept it off since then. I'm not quite ready yet!
Saturday, November 11, 2006
I WANT THAT!!!!
Posted by
~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~
at
8:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment