Jeff and I are painting some of the interior of our house... The kitchen will be a nautical theme, with blue paint on top, the chair rail and border will be tan, and the bottom will have wood slats, painted with "old white" crackle paint to look like old wood. I also want to paint the living room... I love the deep rich Tuscan colors, and would have loved to have that for the kitchen, but Jeff won. So I was thinking of a Tuscan living room. I really don't want tan walls, I think it would be too much brown in the room. So I'm thinking of going bold and painting the living room a Merlot color. Is that too bold? I really really like it. I've seen living rooms painted in Merlot or Burgundy and I think they look very elegant. I've looked at a virtual room decorator and with our floor color, and furniture color, the Merlot looked good. But I'm worried about what other people will think. I read that the perfect room for dark colors would be one with wood floors, fireplaces, and an area rug... Well, that's our living room. I would paint the trim and mantle a Tuscan tan color. It also said that if you paint with dark colors, and you have light furniture, then it makes the room look bright. I have my display case that matches the floor, and we're planning on getting a lighter color entertainment center. I am already planning on painting our bedroom an "Old Burgundy" color, mostly because dark colors go good in bedrooms, but also because our wedding colors were Burgundy or white, so it just fits. :o)
So honestly, what do you all think? Do you think it would look good? By the way, in case you don't remember, we have a tan Venetian blind in the bay window.
So honestly, what do you all think? Do you think it would look good? By the way, in case you don't remember, we have a tan Venetian blind in the bay window.


1 comment:
I think you will like the colors. It will dramatically change the look of your house. It's your home so do what ever you like to it. Good luck
Post a Comment