Sunday, January 13, 2008

A homeschool story.

The other day I was teaching my kids about important people in history. They learned about George Washington and how he signed the law so the Government could create money for us, they learned about Abraham Lincoln and how he freed the slaves... They learned about Martin Luther King Jr. and how he stood up for what was right and how he tried to end racism. They also learned about Rosa Parks and how she defended herself in a racist world. They seemed the most interested in Lincoln. They listened intently to the story I read and how I explained things to them. And now acording to them, Lincoln signed the "Mancipwation Brocolli-Nation" and freed the slaves. They can tell you that some people were very angry with Lincoln for freeing the slaves, and that one day Lincoln went to the theater with his wife and John Wilkes Booth shot him and then Lincoln died the next day.

I love how they soak up all of this new information and they are proud to share what they've learned... The next lesson? Pronunciation!!!!

No comments: