Thursday, May 10, 2007

Our New Fur-Baby...




Yesterday we adopted "Ash." She was the only surviving kitten of a feral mother living at Mom and Dad's house. At first we thought she was all black but now we've noticed she's a really dark gray color. We couldn't decide on a name but Jeff picked Ash. We think she is between 3 & 4 weeks old. Normally you shouldn't take kittens away before 6-8 weeks but with feral kittens you need to take them around 4 weeks if you want a chance to tame them. Ash is being bottle fed by me and she's doing really well with it. She got her first tooth today. I checked her mouth last night and I could see the tooth buds but no teeth. Today she had a top front tooth. When she purrs, her whole body vibrates. It's so cute. She loves to climb behind me and sleep against my back while I'm sitting on the couch. She started playing today too. She rolls over onto her side or back and grabs onto my finger with her paws. Then she puts her paw into her mouth and "sucks her thumb."

No comments: