
Joshua Daniel Kelm
September 21, 1980 - February 4, 2007
Last year I found an old friend of mine on the internet. I began catching up on the years since highschool. I believe we began talking in August. In September, he turned 26. He had been having some health problems, so he took a trip to the doctor. Sadly, he was diagnosed with a tumor on his lung. He began taking pills to try and rid himself of the tumor. He refused chemo because he had read too many stories about people dying from the effects of Chemo, and not the cancer. Unfortunately, the pills stopped working, so Joshua decided not to try anything else, and to just enjoy the time he had left. I was very sad to get a bulletin from some friends today that said Joshua had passed away on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We will all miss him alot. Most of all I'll miss his jokes and sick sense of humor... I grew up with Joshua and his Sister, through school. We attended the same Elementary school, then the same Jr. High, and even the same high school. He was always a good friend and very dependable.
Although we all had warning about how short his time would be, it is still such a shock and very hard to understand. Joshua could be found every October, working at Rocky Point Haunted House. I remember walking through there when I was pregnant with Bug and Joshua was playing the part of Dr. Vanecutt from House on Haunted Hill... Well he decided to chase me down with a brain pick. Another memory that came up for me, his sister, and Joshua, was from when we were in elementary school. We had to ride the UTA bus to school because our school didn't have school buses. Well we were all a bunch of trouble makers, so we decided to pull the emergency exit handles on the bus windows, so that the windows would flap when we turned a corner. We all had alot of fun back then! So now we're just waiting for word on when his services will be so that Tiffany and I can attend. Goodbye Joshua, you will be missed! Rest in peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment