Saturday, July 29, 2006

Zoo time








Yesterday Staci and I took the kids to the zoo. I decided not to bring my double stroller, because everytime we've taken it, the kids have just decided to walk. When we got there, the temperatures weren't too bad yet, so we started our journey. I did put Bear on his "leash" though, since Jeff wasn't there to help keep him in reach. About half way through the walk, both my kids started saying they wanted to ride in a wagon. We tried to hurry around and see all of the animals, however we did end up skipping the gorillas. Some of the animals were pretty active this time, which was nice since normally they're all sleeping. The bears were play fighting, and that was fun to see, and the giraffes were out licking peoples' hands. After the animals, we sat down for some lunch then started up the hill to ride the train. However, we only made it so far, because the kids decided they wanted to play in the water for a little while. When we finally did get on the train, Bug and Bear were so exhausted that they didn't move or talk at all through the whole train ride. They just sat back and enjoyed the ride. We had a fun time, and Jeff and I will most likely take them again tomorrow.

No comments: