Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Amazing storm!



There was an amazing thunder storm on Sunday night. We had some pretty strong winds at our house, and when the lightning started, it was pretty crazy. There were several flashes all at once. The entire sky lit up, and as soon as the thunder started rumbling, another flash would hit. At first I was just sitting in my livingroom, with the curtains open, watching the show, and then after about 10 minutes I thought "What am I doing?! I should be out on the porch with my camera!" I've always wanted to get a picture of lightning, but that's not always easy. Sometimes it's gone too fast, or your camera is too slow. It took me a while to get my camera all figured out for night time, and get my tripod all set up, but this is the end result. I can't say I'm disappointed. :) I took several lightning shots, but since I wasn't actually looking through my camera, most were blurry or they didn't branch out like this one. This shot was almost perfect!

No comments: