We're big fans of gardening magazines (which of course always make it look soooo easy...) and we've been looking through them alot lately, trying to get ideas for our own yard. I have a spot reserved in the back yard, for my very own flower garden, but I wasn't sure exactly what to do with it. All my flower seeds need to be planted in the fall, so I'm on a bit of a time limit to make a decision.
I have decided to build a raised bed. I think it will look so pretty. Unfortunately, I already planted my Autumn blaze maple, so adding a raised bed will make my tree look shorter, but hopefully it will only be a short while before it goes through a growth spurt.
Jeff bought me a box of Utah wild flower seeds from Red Butte. 900 seeds to be exact and I am so excited to get them planted this Fall and to see the beautiful garden sprout up in the Spring. Eventually we are planning on having a privacy fence, (With Lattice board around it so we can still have our Virginia Creeper) a pond, (With Koi) Japanese garden, (Possibly with a weeping cherry) and small covered deck (Covered with Boston Ivy or something similar). And of course our small Veggie garden.
That's just for the back yard.
The front will have a short fence, with a flower garden all the way around the edge of the yard, as well as the small flower garden that's already in the front, (which contains my laceleaf japanese maple, and not much else at the moment) and then hopefully a swing gate at the base of the walkway. Where our Apple tree is currently at, we will eventually have a different kind of tree, since these apples are not so great for eating, and they all fall before they're completely ripe... We're not sure what kind of tree we want yet though. And I'll have flowers planted in the area around it. And we're going to add two trees out on the parkway, to help shade the house from the morning sun.
Big plans, that unfortunately will end up costing a small fortune so it will most likely be a few years before our "dreams" come true, but at least we have a general plan now. YAY!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Getting Excited...
Posted by
~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~
at
11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment