Friday, November 16, 2007

It's times like these that remind me why I love being a Mom!

Bug came to me this morning and asked if she could watch Bridge to Terrabithia today because she LOVES that movie. I told her she could. I put it on for them this afternoon. Bear said to me "Mommy, I don't want to watch this movie, it's boring." So I made them some popcorn so he'd sit down with Bug and watch it. Well we got to the sad part of the movie, and suddenly Bear looks at me with his bottom lip sticking out and tears in his eyes and says "Mommy, did her dog die too?" And I looked at him and instantly got tears in my eyes, because I felt so bad for him but at the same time it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. All I could do is say "Awww, it's okay honey, no, the dog didn't die." He crawls into my lap and immediately starts wiping his eyes, so I told him that it's okay to cry, it shows that he cares. He snuggled up against my chest and just layed there for a minute, then, while still crying, he continues to wipe away the tears and says "I'm not crying!"

**After Jeff got home, he was teasing Bear about it. He said "I heard you cried during the movie Buddy, I thought you were a big tough guy..." To which Bear replied "Crying is good for you Daddy, it cleans your eyes and it shows you care."

No comments: