Friday, April 06, 2007

~Nightmare~ April 5, 2007


Last night we had Nightmare put out of his misery. I spent all day downstairs with him, saying my goodbyes. He wanted me to hold him and he just layed on my chest and rested. He gave me lots of kisses and even did some purring. We all did our share of crying yesterday and Bug had a real hard time with it. Nightmare seemed to bond with her alot. I even took Nightmare outside yesterday so he could enjoy the sunshine and grass one last time. After we said our goodbyes, Mary took him in and had him put to sleep. We would have loved to bury Nightmare but since we have no where to do that, we had him cremated and Mary got a nice little black urn. She'll pick up his remains today when she gets home from work. Goodbye Nightmare...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nightmare must have been a wonderful companion for you and the kids. I know your decision to let him go was very difficult. I'm sorry for your loss. --Linda